The IRA charitable rollover (also called the Qualified Charitable Distribution, or QCD) is a great way to make a tax-free gift to Brandeis University and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
How Do I Qualify?
The IRA charitable rollover (QCD) offers multiple benefits for making gifts from your IRA.
- You must be 70 ½ years or older at the time of the gift.
- Gifts must come directly from your IRA to Brandeis University.
- Gifts must come from a traditional IRA. Retirement assets in 401(k), 403(b), SEP, or SIMPLE plans do not qualify.
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor per year.
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
- If you don’t itemize deductions and are not yet required to take your RMD, a QCD offers all of the benefits of an itemized income tax charitable deduction
- If you are age 72 or older and must take your RMD, a QCD can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes.
- You may direct your gift to a program or area of your choice.
- This type of gift has an immediate impact.
How can I make an IRA Charitable Rollover?
- Contact the administrator of your IRA to request that a gift be made to Brandeis. Our address and tax ID are shown below.
- Contact the Office of Planned Giving at 781-736-7719 to let Brandeis know that you’re planning on making a qualified charitable distribution.
If you have any questions, please contact Joel Carlton-Gysan at the Office of Planned Giving at 781-736-7719.
Brandeis’ legal name, address and tax ID:
415 South St., Waltham MA 02453
Tax ID: 04-2103552